A heart valve replacement surgery would mean that the damaged valve happens to be replaced by mechanical or animal valves. The former is incorporated of synthetic materials whereas the latter is by animal tissues. With a new valve the stain would go on to reduce and symptoms of chest pain along with breathlessness is going to reduce considerably.
How you are planning for the surgery
- The physician is planning to undergo a detailed physical examination before they give their thumbs up to the procedure. Blood tests and some routine tests are part of the procedure
- In most cases, you are likely to be asked to fast for 8 hours before the procedure and this happens to be before midnight.
- In case if you happen to be pregnant or you suspect that you are pregnant, you need to get in touch with your physician.
- You should need to inform your physician if you happen to be sensitive to any type of drugs or blood-thinning medicines as well.
- Do notify them about all the list of medicines you are taking. This might include the herbal supplements as well.
- Notify your doctor if you have a pacemaker
- If you are into smoking you need to stop it as soon as the procedure is about to take place. It is going to help your health status a lot and at the same time, a successful recovery from surgery is also expected as well.
The procedure for the surgery
- Here you would be asked to lie on the table with your back facing the surgeon
- Your blood pressure and breathing would be monitored during the phase of surgery.
After the surgery, the patient is expected to be in the ICU for a couple of days. This is following the surgery and the heart functions are going to be monitored as well. For a couple of weeks, you would need to stay in the hospital. In fact, the total period of recovery would go on to take a few months as well. it would depend upon the age along with the health of the patient as well.
With the surgery, your quality of life will improve by leaps and bounds, with the symptoms totally disappearing as well. In fact, your life would increase as well. Once you have been part of the valve replacement surgery in India you can find that the chances of infections increase. To take a precaution measure you would need to stick to antibiotics before the surgery goes on to take place as well. More often than not the doctor is going to prescribe medicines to reduce blood clots as well.
The valve replacement cost in India stands to be the lowest in the world. A point to consider would be that India has gone on to become the hub of medical tourism in the world. The latest in medical technology with the best in terms of care is provided to the patients. You can tie up with a medical tourism company for more information.